Applications to serve on the Key Peninsula Community Counci (KPC) are due Aug. 17. The KPC Board of Directors rotates positions each year and six (6) board seats are open for the 2014 election. KPC
is a non-profit organization whose purpose is to maintain and
improve the quality of life on the Key Peninsula. Director
candidates must be eighteen (18) years of age and live or own
property on the Key Peninsula. Application deadline is Aug. 17.
To download an application
Here is what your KP Community Council is working on...
- 12/11/2013 WSDOT improving safety and congestion on SR 302 between Key Peninsula Highway and SR 16.
- 5/29/2014 Pierce County Planning and Land Services “Open House” to examine the KP Community Plan. KP Civic Center, 4:30pm to 7:30 p.m.
- 6/11/2014 PSD Superintendent Cuzzetto presents August ballot measures
- 6/17/2014 Pierce County Council conducts “In-District 7 Council meeting” at the KP Civic Center, 6:30 p.m. Opportunity for Key Penners to be heard.
- 7/9/2014 KPC July monthly meeting cancelled.
- 7/11-7/13/2014 KPC Booth at KeyFEST Fair
- 7/17/2014 Shoreline revisions study session at Peninsula High School auditorium 5:30 p.m. Final Council Action, Tuesday July 29 at 3pm. City/County Bldg. Tacoma
- 8/16/2014 KPC Booth at KP Logging Show, Gateway Park
8/17/2014 Deadline for filing applications for KPC Director positions
- 9/20-9/21/2014 KPC elections for Director positions in all four Areas
- 10/4/2014 KP Farm Tour, KPC booth at Creviston Valley Farm HQ
- 10/7/2014 Candidates Forum at KP Civic Center 7 p.m.
- 11/12/2014 KPC Annual Meeting and Election of Officers
- Read our Meeting Minutes to keep up to date!
If you would like to learn more be sure to attend one of our upcoming meetings. Calendar.
Subscribe to nearly 200 specialized email or text alerts from WSDOT to help you know before you go. Receive current traffic conditions, mountain pass reports, construction updates and more.
- The Pierce County Community Plan for -
The Key Peninsula
- Pierce County must review and update the
Comprehensive Plan by June 30, 2015
Comprehensive Plan is an adopted policy document that
guides County decisions related to growth and development in
unincorporated Pierce County
Interested in any of the above? Add your voice to the KPC by attending a meeting. Calendar.
- Facilitate interactions between agencies, residents, businesses and non-profit groups in an effort to develop solutions to resident concerns.
- Act as a resource for Key Peninsula residents, businesses and non-profit organizations.
- Serve as a liaison to county, state, and federal government.
- On behalf of other community agencies and groups, may assist in fund raising and volunteer recruitment efforts.
SAFE SR-302 Committee
The KPC Safe SR-302 committee met with WSDOT Maintenance today, Jan. 27. Mowing SR-302 trouble spots was placed high on their agenda along with an evaluation of the pavement status. Photo from l-r: WSDOT Maintenance Superintendent Duke Stryker; KPC Director Chuck West; WSDOT Assistant Superintendent Connie Rae; and KPC Director Danna Burnett. Burnett and West co-chair the KPC Safe SR 302 committee.
WSDOT engineers reported on the construction project for Safe SR 302 quarterly since 2011 at the KPC monthly meetings.
The Safe SR 302 work project begins in July. This project is the result of a working partnership between KPC and WSDOT. The most significant improvement is at the 118th and SR-302 intersection. Central turn lanes will be added and the entrance to the Ravensara building will be moved to an 118th access.Work on this project begins in July and ends in the fall of 2014.
2nd Wednesday of the Month, 7:00pm at the Key Center Fire Station
President - Danna Webster
Vice President - Marcia Harris
Secretary - Phyllis Henry
Treasurer - Irene Torres