Each year, half of the KPC Council positions are open for election. KPC is a non-profit organization whose purpose is to maintain and improve the quality of life on the Key Peninsula. Anyone, 18 years of age, who lives or owns property on the Key Peninsula is eligible to become a KPC director and is eligible to vote in KPC director elections. Applications for Director Candidates are due August 15. Final day for voting is Sept. 20.
To download a ballot
Here is what your KP Community Council is working on...
- 03/18/2015 - Comprehensive Plan revision with public input at the Civic Center VFW room, 6:30 p.m.
- 03/11/2015 - Comprehensive Plan revision with public input at the Civic Center VFW room, 6:30 p.m.
- 03/4/2015 - State of Pierce County government with Councilman Derek Young and Pierce County Engineer, Brian Stacy updates the Key Center sidewalks and street projects.
- 02/11/2015 - Salute to the service of Pierce County Councilman Stan Flemming and an introduction to The Mustard Seed Project senior housing project
- 01/14/2015 - Tacoma Community College programs for the Key Peninsula
- 11/12/2014 - KPC Annual Meeting and celebration of our 10th Anniversary! The presentation topic is “Sharing the Future of McNeil Island” and the 2015 KPC Executive Board will be elected.
- 10/08/2014 - KPC presents a panel of non-profit organizations 7 p.m. Key Center Fire Station
- 10/7/2014 - Candidates Forum at KP Civic Center 7 p.m.
- 10/4/2014 - KP Farm Tour, KPC booth at Creviston Valley Farm HQ
- 09/20/2014 - 09/21/2014 - KPC elections for Director positions in all four Areas
- 08/16/2014 - KPC Booth at KP Logging Show, Gateway Park
8/17/2014 Deadline for filing applications for KPC Director positions
- 07/17/2014 - Shoreline revisions study session at Peninsula High School auditorium 5:30 p.m. Final Council Action, Tuesday July 29 at 3pm. City/County Bldg. Tacoma
- 07/11/2014 -07/13/2014 - KPC Booth at KeyFEST Fair
- 07/9/2014 - KPC July monthly meeting cancelled.
- 06/17/2014 - Pierce County Council conducts “In-District 7 Council meeting” at the KP Civic Center, 6:30 p.m. Opportunity for Key Penners to be heard.
- 06/11/2014 - PSD Superintendent Cuzzetto presents August ballot measures
- 05/29/2014 - Pierce County Planning and Land Services “Open House” to examine the KP Community Plan. KP Civic Center, 4:30pm to 7:30 p.m.
- 12/11/2013 - WSDOT improving safety and congestion on SR 302 between Key Peninsula Highway and SR 16.
Read our Meeting Minutes to keep up to date!
If you would like to learn more be sure to attend one of our upcoming meetings. Calendar.
The 2015 KPC Healthy Community action committee will focus on the subjects of hunger, transportation and health and wellness for the KP community.
SAFE SR-302 Committee
The KPC Safe SR-302 committee met with WSDOT Maintenance today, Jan. 27. Mowing SR-302 trouble spots was placed high on their agenda along with an evaluation of the pavement status. Photo from l-r: WSDOT Maintenance Superintendent Duke Stryker; KPC Director Chuck West; WSDOT Assistant Superintendent Connie Rae; and KPC Director Danna Burnett. Burnett and West co-chair the KPC Safe SR 302 committee.
WSDOT engineers reported on the construction project for Safe SR 302 quarterly since 2011 at the KPC monthly meetings.
2nd Wednesday of the Month, 7:00pm at the Key Center Fire Station
Co-President - Chuck West and Danna Webster
Vice President - Marcia Harris
Co-Secretaries - Phyllis Henry and Carol Opalinski
Treasurer - Cindy Worden
Media Liaison - Irene Torres
- Facilitate interactions between agencies, residents, businesses and non-profit groups in an effort to develop solutions to resident concerns.
- Act as a resource for Key Peninsula residents, businesses and non-profit organizations.
- Serve as a liaison to county, state, and federal government.
- On behalf of other community agencies and groups, may assist in fund raising and volunteer recruitment efforts.
Subscribe to nearly 200 specialized email or text alerts from WSDOT to help you know before you go. Receive current traffic conditions, mountain pass reports, construction updates and more.
- The Pierce County Community Plan for -
The Key Peninsula
- Pierce County must review and update the
Comprehensive Plan by June 30, 2015
Comprehensive Plan is an adopted policy document that
guides County decisions related to growth and development in
unincorporated Pierce County
Interested in any of the above? Add your voice to the KPC by attending a meeting. Calendar.